2018 Payroll End of Year
As 30th June 2018 approaches, we offer the following guidance/checklist to assist you with closing off your payroll year, preparation of payment summaries and associated compliance reporting.
· Complete end of year reconciliation of your wage and super records to your general ledger and physical payments made.
· Ensure all employee details (i.e. TFN and addresses) are up to date.
· Lodge your 2018 payment summaries and arrange for these to be emailed or posted to your employees and the ATO (or EMPDUPE can be sent to us to upload)
· Calculate your remuneration for Return to Work SA purposes and lodge your 2018 remuneration and 2019 estimate online
· Calculate and lodge your payroll tax remuneration return (large employers only)
· Prepare your 2018 Taxable Payments Annual report (TPAR) – Building/Construction, Cleaning and Courier industry contractors only.
The Fair Work Ombudsman has issued a 3.5% CPI increase.
Please review your employment obligations and consider whether this applies to your employees directly or whether you have an E.A mandated increase or wish to increase any employee wages or salaries on a performance basis.
We offer a wage update service in which we can schedule updates to your Xero or MYOB system before your first full pay run for the 2019 financial year. There is a nominal charge for doing so based on the complexity of your wage tables. If you are busy, you will find this cost effective & efficient.
To assist you with your EOFY payroll, please click on the links below;
CLICK HERE>> For the EOFY Xero Checklist
CLICK HERE>> For the EOFY MYOB Checklist
CLICK HERE>> For the Return to WorkSA remuneration guide.
CLICK HERE>> For a link to XERO's 'Get your business ready for EOFY' webinars and tips
If you need any assistance, please contact us asap as we are booking in end of year payroll reviews and updates now.